- I’ve had pain in my back for weeks now, maybe as much as a month. Went to the doctor with it twice but they were unhelpful. It gets really bad sometimes and especially when I run, so I haven’t exercised in a long time. I thought it had pretty much healed when I got home from Denver but suddenly it became excruciating again, couldn’t sleep, so been going through boxes of painkillers like crazy. Probably not good for my liver.
- I used to be really against marijuana because it reminded me of the douchebags in school and people being all party-like and doing things they weren’t supposed to, breaking the law etc. But I’ve heard so many good things lately, including that it helps with social anxiety and depression, as well as pain, and I was right there in Denver, where dispensaries are everywhere, so I figured I’d try it. Don’t want to smoke anything, so went with edibles. Will try again next time I’m there.
- I was really pissed off/depressed when Trump won the presidency. And the republicans kept the senate. Felt like a terrorist attack, like the forces of darkness have taken over. I started writing about it on here but I was just too angry/depressed about it to write coherently. It’s not even my country, but the world got a lot darker that day, and I worry about gun laws in that country now that a republican gets to pick supreme court judges. A republican who thinks Hillary Clinton isn’t extreme enough in her support of the 2nd amendment. The supreme court could be circumvented if Americans joined the civilized world and got rid of the second amendment through a vote, but apparently the extremists are in the majority in the US so that’ll never happen. Just a few pockets of sanity there like San Francisco. Also worried about climate change and the Paris agreement. But on the flip side, with a maniac like Trump in office and a nuclear arsenal at his fingertips, the world will probably end soon, so that’s nice.
- I saw a coach about career, we didn’t figure it out. But we did agree I should talk to a job counselor, that photography could be something I could try, that whatever I do has to be meaningful, and that I have to work with people, not isolated, but not in big group projects either, it’ll have to be a nice balance. This all feels rather hopeless. No new classes in college here until next autumn, which is really stupid. I’m not waiting that long to start doing something.
- I FINALLY finished A Feast for Crows, which I’ve been reading for a year now. Had reader’s block. Started reading Desperation by Stephen King. Not crazy about the christianity stuff but I like it in general, feels like reading a dream. I like dreams.
- I feel like Denver/Boulder is the ideal place to meet people and make friends. People were chatting me up on the streets there, they’re very laid back and outgoing. As a Norwegian, I can’t help being thrown off and weirded out by that, but if I can get over that, and improve my social skills somehow, Denver and Boulder are the ideal places to make friends. I think I need to move back to the US.